We offer an extensive variety of commodity and specialty grains for added value, health claims and market appeal. Caldic has partnered with a variety of Principals to provide precooked, dried or conventional grains and pulses for all of your bakery applications:
- Breads and Rolls
- Flat Breads and Tortillas
- Sweet Goods and Pastries
- Pizza and Focaccia
- Pre-Gel Powders - increases nutritional value, enhances texture, mouth feel, and moisture retention
- Puffed and Popped Ancient Grains
- Toasted and Raw Ancient Grain Flours and Ancient Grain Blends Made from Amaranth, Millet, Quinoa, Sorghum and Teff
These ancient grain varieties work in a variety of applications:
- Batters for Cakes & Pastries
InfraReady precooked grains, seeds, and pulses are treated with infrared technology to allow for faster cooking times and breakdown of starches for easy digestion.
Read more about InfraReady products and solutions.
Inland Empire Foods
Inland Empire Foods’ dried beans, peas and lentils from are free of chemicals and additives and are kosher and organic certified. All legumes are also non-GMO.
Read more about Inland Empire Foods’ product listing.
Barlex® Malt Extract is a 100% natural ingredient made from various grains. It is available in both liquid and powder format and can be used for softer crumb and fresher appearance, a crispier crust, caramel replacement and improved flavour in your baked goods.
Organic, Kosher and Halal varieties are available.
Read more about Harboe’s Barlex° products and solutions.