Polyols, also known as “polyhydric alcohols” or “sugar alcohols”, are carbohydrate systems with about half the calories of and the same bulk as sugar. They impart a balanced sweetness and enable you to make a sugar-free or reduced-sugar or calorie claim.
Key polyol functionalities and attributes:
- "Reduced Sugar”, “Sugar Free”, “No Sugar Added”, or “Reduced Calorie” claims
- Provide sweetness and bulk
- Low digestible carbohydrate sweeteners: low glycemic index
- Caloric value range from 0 to 3 kcal/g
- Balanced sweetness, clean pleasant taste, body & mouthfeel
- Versatile functionalities, high processing tolerance
- Non-cariogenic — do not cause tooth decay
- We can help you to achieve the right balance of sweetness, texture and functionality in your formulations
Contact your Caldic CDM or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.