Product Manager Food
Italia, OriggioFull time
For our Team of Origgio (VA) we are looking for a Product Manager Food
Every day hundreds of thousands of people around the world are in touch with a food, pharma, personal care or industrial product that has been handled with care by Caldic. We are the linking pin, connecting people, products and solutions for a better world, every day. But we go beyond connecting to ensure we deliver on our business partners’ requirements for added-value R&D, manufacturing and packaging solutions, while minimizing the environmental impact. This makes Caldic the partner of choice in innovative and sustainable solutions in life science and specialty chemicals.
The Product Manager reports directly to the Commercial Director.
The Product Manager is responsible for the development of the sales of the product in all the various segments (cross-segment focus). This role has to insure the liaison between the suppliers and the sales organization. The Product Manager implements a sales plan for the product and ensures structured evolution reports to suppliers.
Responsibilities Product Sales Management (Product Sales Push)
- Responsible for the Sales Revenue and Material Margin at Product level
- Pricing guideline by market segment and customer typology
- Assist Customer Development Managers at Key Accounts with major developments
- Insure regular follow up of Product Sales Targets by Customer Development Manager
Responsibilities Product Management
- Set strategies for long term growth of products
- Define with “Key suppliers” go to market strategy
- Insure regular contact with supplier (professional meeting report, score card…)
- Increase intimacy of Caldic with Key Suppliers (including Top Management Caldic if needed/requested)
- Manage roll-out of (new) products across segments
- Organize Product training
- Organize joints visits of supplier’s representative with Customer Development Managers at selected accounts
- Manage purchase price negotiations to obtain the best conditions
- Responsible for the product inventory (level / stock rotation according to sales)
- Develop sales pricing strategy for product groups, define price ranges
- Define minimum order volumes as guidance for sales
- Define R&D priorities and manages innovation pipeline (support to convert to sales)
- Check product cost benchmarking and optimize margins
- Gather product-related market intelligence, e.g., competitive offerings
- Influence product sales across segments
- Influence supplier strategies
Key Performance Indicators
- Material margin and revenue for products (volume targets)
- Percentage of gross margin
- Increase number of buying customers
- Extension % share
- Number of new products and/or suppliers
- Inventory level (Net Working Capital)
- Number of supplier visits
- Quality of supplier meeting report
- Number of new products introduced
Su di te
- Customer Focus
- Market Orientation
- Problem Analysis
- Result Focused
Knowledge/skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Food Science
- Minimum 5 years relevant commercial experience
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Communication and presentation skills
- Commercial and financial awareness
Why working at Caldic is a good idea
Learn, grow and contribute
Our tagline ‘Because we care’ underlines our commitment to our people, our business partners and our planet.
In order to make us a stronger, more innovative and inspiring company, we actively encourage our people to contribute their well substantiated ideas and cultivate their entrepreneurial spirit.
We give you a great deal of professional freedom and responsibility and offer you the opportunity to be decisive and work autonomously. We strongly support personal and career development.
We believe in investment in our people through on-the-job learning and formal
At Caldic you learn, grow and contribute to your success and that of our company and our customers.
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic environment, a competitive salary and compensation pack, including bonus & benefits, sized on your skills and experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or
disability, pursuant Italian laws 903/77 - 125/91 - 215/03 and 216/03.
Please note that we will consider only the candidatures uploaded in the system.