Industrial Sales Leader
United Kingdom, ChesterfieldFull time
The Sales Leader is responsible for achieving Industrial sales revenue and margin for the sales team and contribute to the organic growth of the organization.
The Sales Leader primary oversees the sales team of Customer Development Managers (CDM) with sales strategy development and implementation. This includes developing sales plans that ensure the budget growth from new business opportunities and from the existing base of customers.
Takes an active lead in the Key accounts assisting the CDM to strengthen relationships and maximize any new business opportunities.
The Sales Leader reports directly to the Managing Director.
- Set sales targets, guide and support the team to hit annual sales target budget.
- Lead and inspire the team to strengthen their skills and abilities to improve personal and selling performance.
- Facilitate good teamwork and cooperation.
- Attends joint CDM customer visits when necessary.
- Recruit, train, and coach the sales team.
- Part of the wider Management team, attend and contribute to monthly meetings. Drive company agenda.
- Develop and implement a Commercial sales plan for the team in line with Budget expectation.
- Lead and support the team in creating and winning new business through focused opportunities.
- Develop accurate account planning to insure growth at key/strategic customer.
- Create and develop cross selling opportunities within the wider Caldic Group.
- Implement pricing strategy in line and drive use of the quotation tool.
- Insure achievement of visit targets and meeting report in due time.
- Inspire and insure the use of CRM tool.
- Work closely with the Product Management Leader on a joint business development plan.
- Provide to management all necessary reporting, business information and data analysis in due time.
- Create a long term strategy of growth by understanding site and product opportunities.
Key performance indicators
- EBITA / Material Margin (MM), Sales Revenue and Volume
- Net Working Capital
- Number of new customers
- Pipeline of new business opportunities and conversions
- Experienced in Distribution Sales
- Experienced in Managing a Sales Team
- Inspiring Leadership
- Results Driven
- Market Knowledge
A challenging position within a dynamic international organisation. Our culture is characterised as enterprising and collaborative. In addition to a good salary and a company pension scheme, we offer a pleasant working environment in an enthusiastic team.