Supply Chain Manager
the Netherlands, UtrechtFull time
Caldic Ingredients Benelux is active in the production and distribution of ingredients for the food industry. With our own R&D, production facilities and QC-Labs we offer tailor made solutions for our customers. In 2020 Caldic Ingredients Benelux has moved to a new location in Nieuwegein.
At our new location approximately 70 employees are active in production, Warehouse, QHSE, R&D, Customer Care and Sales.
To further strengthen our organization we are looking for a Supply Chain Manager.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing and developing the supply chain strategy and execution to maximize customer satisfaction in the most cost efficient way. Analyzes and monitors the current supply (purchasing), demand and supply, efficient inventories levels and all related procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company. The Supply Chain Manager reports directly to the Managing Director and is a member of the CIB Management Team.
• Responsible for the supply chain department.
• Manages / supervises the customer care team, demand and supply planning, continuous improvement, purchasing team and the logistics team.
• Collaborate with others within CIB and at Caldic Group level in order to identify problems and find solutions for process improvements.
• Proactively liaise with commercial departments to co-operate in the S&OP process and to manage and resolve supply and demand issues.
• Develop policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes
• Develop, implement and improve forecasting processes (S&OP) together with product leaders
• Execute and improve the MRP and Inventory management and control processes.
• Key participant in the Sales & Operations Planning processes and meetings, aimed at balancing demand and supply planning.
• Identify improvement opportunities and initiating and executing improvement projects.
• Develop, implement and improve KPI’s
• Create strategic partnerships with transport companies, manage and report associated costs.
• Ensure that the department fulfills the strategic goals as defined by the group management
• Co-operate with Caldic-group initiated projects.
Key performance indicators
• On time in full execution and delivery of orders.
• Number of claims as minimum (package damage, delays, incomplete delivery)
• Inventory quality and inventory levels
• Manage the departmental budget
• Customer order cycle time (Order-to-Delivery)
• Relevant University / bachelor’s degree
• 8+ years relevant professional management experience
• Good business acumen, strong commercial awareness
• Knowledge of continuous improvement programs (Lean – 6 Sigma)
• IT knowledge in ERP system and advanced excel user
• APICS certification is a plus
• Business proficiency in Dutch and English in reading and writing
• Strong communication skills and stakeholder management
• Hands-on mentality with a strategic view
• Team worker
• Problem solving mentality
• Ability to reach goal independently and to encourage the departments to reach goals
• Service oriented
Competitive salary, 24 holidays, a pension plan with 1/3 part employee contribution, 2/3 part employer contribution, a profit related bonus and opportunities to develop further in a brand new work environment as well as the opportunity to participate in a collective health insurance.