Product Manager - Water Treatment
United Kingdom, ChesterfieldFull time
The Product Manager is responsible for the development of the sales of the product in all the various segments (cross-segment focus). This role has to insure the liaison between the suppliers and the sales organization. The Product Manager implements a sales plan for the product and ensures structured evolution reports to suppliers. Caldic is strongly committed to deliver supplier and customer added value whilst providing expert advice and expanding our product portfolio in an future driven and sustainably responsible way.
The Product Manager reports directly to the Product Group Leader.
Responsibilities Product Portfolio Management
- Responsible for the Buying volume and revenue at Product level.
- Pricing guideline by market segment and customer typology.
- Assist Customer Development Managers at Key Accounts with major developments.
- Insure regular follow up of Product Sales Targets by Customer Development Manager.
Responsibilities Product Management
- Set strategies for long term growth of products.
- Define with “Key suppliers” go to market strategy.
- Insure regular contact with supplier (professional meeting report, score card…).
- Increase intimacy of Caldic with Key Suppliers (including Top Management Caldic if needed/requested).
- Manage roll-out of (new) products across segments.
- Organise Product training.
- Organize joints visits of supplier’s representative with Customer Development Managers at selected accounts.
- Manage purchase price negotiations to obtain the best conditions.
- Responsible for the product inventory (level / stock rotation according to sales).
- Develop sales pricing strategy for product groups, define price ranges.
- Define minimum order volumes as guidance for sales.
- Define R&D priorities and manages innovation pipeline (support to convert to sales).
- Check product cost benchmarking and optimize margins.
- Gather product-related market intelligence, e.g., competitive offerings.
- Find new products to extend our product portfolio
Influence product sales across segments.
- Influence supplier strategies.
Key Performance Indicators
- Material margin and revenue for products (volume targets)
- Percentage of gross margin
- Increase number of suppliers and products
- Extension % share
- Number of new products and/or suppliers
- Inventory level (Net Working Capital)
- Number of supplier visits
- Quality of supplier meeting report
- Number of new products introduced
The candidate that we are looking for should have an entrepreneurial and “can do” approach to business with good communication and presentation skills. You should be a problem solver who likes change and innovation. Your personality should be described as enterprising, enthusiastic and energetic. You are required to have accurate reporting skills with attention to detail and an efficient persona. Your method is characterised as solution and results-oriented, and you should have strong analytical skills. You will act as a full partner for your relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues. In addition to staying knowledgeable of any changes that could improve quality requirements for our customers.
Job Requirements / Competencies
- Market Orientation
- Problem Analysis
- Result Focused
Knowledge/skills and experience
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant commercial experience
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Communication and presentation skills
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Sales and service minded
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of English spoken and written
- Knowledge of ERP and CRM systems
A challenging position within a dynamic international organisation. Our culture is characterised as enterprising and driven. In addition to a good salary and a company pension scheme, we offer a pleasant working environment in an enthusiastic team.