Business Development Manager - Food Ingredients
United Kingdom, ChesterfieldFull time
The Customer / Business Development Manager is responsible for the development of new business added by new opportunities & managing and developing select existing customers.
- Seek opportunities for additional margin from prospects in line with our growth target.
- Maintain select existing business and identify areas for additional growth.
- Insure the promotion and sales of the whole Caldic offer (build a balanced portfolio of initiatives)
- Full ownership of accounts and prospects incl. lead generation, initial customer contact and customer visits, contract management (incl. negotiations and quotations) and deal closure.
- Gain and analyze complete market insight, indicators and trends of the assigned market segment and its (potential) customers.
- Key Performance Indicators including
- Material margin and revenue (growth)
- Generation and follow up of opportunities (number, MM value, success rate)
- CRM adoption
- Number of customer visits
- Compile and register product customer potentials (market intelligence)
The Customer Development Manager reports directly to the Sales Leader.
The candidate that we are looking for should have an entrepreneurial and “can do” approach to new business development with good communication and presentation skills. You should be a problem solver who likes change and innovation. Your personality should be described as enterprising, enthusiastic and energetic. You are required to have accurate reporting skills with attention to detail and an efficient persona. Your method is characterised as solution and results-oriented, and you should have strong analytical skills. You will act as a full partner for your relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues. In addition to staying knowledgeable of any changes that could improve quality requirements for our customers.
You will need to have or show knowledge of:
- Customer & Result Focus
- New Business hunter
- Negotiating skills
- Market Orientation
- Problem Analysis
- Degree in food related subject preferred or minimum 3-5 years relevant commercial experience selling food ingredients to food manufacturers
- Relevant technical knowledge
A challenging position within a dynamic international organisation. Our culture is characterised as enterprising and driven. In addition to a good salary and a company pension scheme, we offer a pleasant working environment in an enthusiastic team.