Business Intelligence Developer
the Netherlands, RotterdamFull time
Caldic has entities operating globally in APAC, EU and NA regions, utilizing several ERP and CRM systems fueling a centralized SAAS based Data Platform (Snowflake). It’s this Data Platform that enables Caldic Management to utilize self-service BI and visualization tooling in order to manage, control and direct it’s business.
For our BI team we are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer
- The BI Developer enables stakeholders to measure their performance and provides them with preprocessed data to facilitate them in creating clear dashboards and reports to allow analyzing and predicting business performance. Asking the right questions, challenging and educating business owners to have and adhere to a data driven approach and to proactively act upon data insights is part of key accountability of the role
- In order to achieve this, the BI Developer is responsible for collecting and integrating data from both internal and external sources, as well as to manage and control the Caldic data platform environment to ensuring data sanity and data complete availability
- The BI Developer leads and/or assists with data integration as well as data provisioning related projects when necessary and implements technologies and tools when needed to help us creating a data driven business that will enable our growth
- Furthermore the BI Developer will assist and contribute to the Caldic strategy to add value data exchange, 3rd party data provisioning and market intelligence to improve and expand our customer engagements. added value data exchange.
As Business Intelligence Developer you are part of the BI competence team that is part of Group IT. This team is regarded as the Caldic data distributor to provide innovative solutions to internal Caldic stakeholders to drive their business efficient and effective.
You will report to the Manager of the BI competence center.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new or further development of current systems
- Participating in projects
- Developing ETL, dashboards, analysis environments or platforms and implement related tooling
- Evaluating changes, upgrades and updates to production environments.
For this role we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge of and or demonstrated experience as a BI Developer, BI Specialist, BI Engineer, with order to sales, procure to pay and equivalent processes in a commercial and (preferably) international environment
- Hands on experiences with modern platforms, tools, techniques and methodologies related to BI, AI and DWH (MSBI, Pentaho, Snowflake)
Ability to develop ETL pipelines in and out of data warehouse with Microsoft (SQL, SSIS) and preferably Snowflake (huge pré)
- Ability to understand data pipelines and modern ways of automating data pipeline using cloud-based and on-premise technologies
- Ability to work with stakeholders to discuss opportunities as well as to assess potential risks
- Experience with projects implementations and 3rd party services provisioning related to BI, ML and DWH
- Ability to analyze and deploy existing tools and (open) data sources preferably experiences with SQL databases and provide software solution recommendations
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms
- Understanding and addressing of metadata standards.
- Proficient in Dutch and English: both written and verbal
A comprehensive salary package. In addition to that, 24 holidays per year, a company pension scheme with a personal contribution of 1/3, the option for a lease bike, a bonus depending on performance and result, a beautiful office to work from located in the heart of Rotterdam accompanied by an enthusiastic team of professionals.
Our culture is characterized as entrepreneurial and driven.