Customer Development Manager – Rubber & Plastics Industry
United Kingdom, ChesterfieldFull time
The Customer Development Manager is responsible for direct commercial sales activities for A, B and C1 customers and maintaining and expanding relationships with customers and prospects.
The Customer Development Manager reports directly to the Sales Leader.
- Accountable for Sales Revenue and Material Margin for selected customers (A, B and C1).
- Set strategies and targets for long term growth of A, B and C1 customers in sub-segment.
- Responsible for prices and quotation for own customer pool.
- Insure the promotion and sales of the whole Caldic offers (build a balanced portfolio of initiatives).
- Ownership of customers for selected accounts incl. lead generation, initial customer contact and customer visits, contract management (incl. negotiations and quotations) and deal closure.
- Responsible for elaborating and following of account planning for key customers (e.g., A1).
- Plan and forecast segment sales in joint meetings with marketing, share information with supply chain.
- Gain and analyze complete market insight, indicators and trends of the assigned market segment and its (potential) customers.
- Influence individual (end) customer pricing.
- Influence account plans.
Key Performance Indicators
- Material margin and revenue (growth)
- Generation and follow up of opportunities (number, MM value, success rate)
- CRM adoption
- Number of customer visits
- Minimum number of buying customers
- Extension % share of wallet customers
- Number of new products (sales and promotion)
- Compile and register product customer potentials (market intelligence)
- Average sale per customer
- Rate of lost customers
- Quality of account plan and other management information
- Customer Focus
- Market Orientation
- Problem Analysis
- Result Focused
Knowledge/skills and experience
- Bachelor degree - BSc preferable.
- Experience in the rubber and plastic industry
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant commercial experience
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of English spoken and written
- Knowledge of ERP and CRM systems
- Communication skills
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Professional/technical expertise
A challenging position within a dynamic international organisation. Our culture is characterised as enterprising and collaborative. In addition to a good salary and a company pension scheme, we offer a pleasant working environment in an enthusiastic team.