the Netherlands, RotterdamFull time
As Pricing Specialist you will play an important role in the Commercial Team of Caldic Europe, supporting Pricing Leader in implementation and management of central pricing initiatives in 11 European organizations across 15 countries.
Pricing Specialist will be responsible for tracking, analysis and optimization of new and existing pricing processes in the local commercial organizations to ensure continuous improvement of pricing strategy and overall profitability.
The Pricing Specialist will report to the Pricing Leader Europe.
The main responsibilities
- Drive implementation and adoption of Target Pricing project in local commercial organizations to maximize profitability across all customer segments and products
- Proactive communication with local teams abroad to understand individual needs and align them with the pricing framework
- Be the main contact regarding Pricing Quick Wins in the commercial organizations in Europe and support Sales teams with deep-dives of problem areas
- Share and interpret monthly KPI reports to MD’s and management and keep tab on progress of action plans
- Drive pricing analyses, determine implications for the business, present findings and recommendations to local and central management.
- Create, maintain and adapt supporting pricing analyses tools to facilitate pricing framework validation in local commercial organizations
- Train and provide guidance to local sales teams in existing and new pricing processes to ensure successful adoption of pricing tools, i.e. Pricing Engine, CRM Quotation Tool, ERP related processes
- Define, develop and implement new Pricing KPI’s and the methodology thereof
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for acute business needs linked to pricing
You demonstrate the ability to convert pricing theory and strategy into strong business plans. Your interpersonal and communication skills are outstanding and you are able to understand and influence field and sales organizations. You have strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills and a results driven approach. Besides that you have:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, marketing, business administration, industrial engineering or equivalent
- Experience in pricing and management with a proven track record of positive results
- Basic understanding in statistics, customer research and other pricing techniques
A great opportunity for a professional interested in a career within an entrepreneurial and professional organization that offers long-term career opportunities. It’s a job that will offer you a lot of freedom, but also a large responsibility and a number of challenges. A challenging position within a dynamic international organization.