Customer Development Manager - Food Ingredients
United Kingdom, ChesterfieldFull time
The Customer Development Manager is responsible for direct commercial sales activities for customers and maintaining and expanding relationships with customers and prospects.
- Accountable for Sales Revenue and Material Margin for selected customers
- Insure the promotion and sales of the whole Caldic offer (build a balanced portfolio of initiatives)
- Ownership of customers for selected accounts incl. lead generation, initial customer contact and customer visits, contract management (incl. negotiations and quotations) and deal closure
- Responsible for developing and following of account planning for key customers
- Gain and analyze complete market insight, indicators and trends of the assigned market segment and its (potential) customers
- Key Performance Indicators including
- Material margin and revenue (growth)
- Generation and follow up of opportunities (number, MM value, success rate)
- CRM adoption
- Number of customer visits
- Compile and register product customer potentials (market intelligence)
The Customer Development Manager reports directly to the Sales Leader.
The candidate that we are looking for should have an entrepreneurial and “can do” approach to business with good communication and presentation skills. You should be a problem solver who likes change and innovation. Your personality should be described as enterprising, enthusiastic and energetic. You are required to have accurate reporting skills with attention to detail and an efficient persona. Your method is characterised as solution and results-oriented, and you should have strong analytical skills. You will act as a full partner for your relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues. In addition to staying knowledgeable of any changes that could improve quality requirements for our customers.
You will need to have or show knowledge of
- Customer & Result Focus
- Negotiating skills
- Market Orientation
- Problem Analysis
- Degree in food related subject preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant commercial experience selling food ingredients to food manufacturers
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Experience in savoury market sector preferred
A challenging position within a dynamic international organisation. Our culture is characterised as enterprising and driven. In addition to a good salary and a company pension scheme, we offer a pleasant working environment in an enthusiastic team.