IT Manager Europe
the Netherlands, RotterdamFull time
Caldic has an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager Europe!
As the Regional IT Manager Europe you will be building the European IT team, delivering high quality IT Services and seek collaboration with stakeholders and peers from different entities and teams to connect business and IT. You will be responsible for implementing the Global IT Strategy within your region and to build, optimize and grow the IT function within Europe and to harmonize and standardize the processes, architecture and services. Setting up and improving service (delivery) management with 3rd parties and close collaboration with Global IT and the other Regional IT teams is very important to achieve this.
Because of our gowth and the importance of IT, it's key to understand the business needs, to set up and build a strong IT services department, create harmonization in the IT services your department and Global IT offers and to bring the IT Infrastructure landscape to a future proof, stable and flexible environment. You will act as the linking pin for all other managers (HR, Finance and Sales) in the region you represent regarding provisioning and deployment of IT, both functional and technical.
You will directly report to the Regional CFO and will be part of the European Management team. As a member of the Global IT team you will be managing and implementing IT related projects in the region as well as contributing to other projects in other regions as these are focused on:
- Harmonizing and synchronizing development and benefitting of common used solutions such as but not limited to ERP, CRM and BI.
- Standardizing the IT architecture and infrastructure in the region.
- Implement the Caldic global IT strategy that contributes to the clear long-term vision of the company.
- Operate and maintain systems, both owned, sourced or provided as a service, as well as manage and control their availability, performance and quality / usability.
- Manage, assess and control service provisioning processes (eg RfI, RfS, RfC) through thresholds such as SLA,s KPI's or surveys and have these baselined and benchmarked to align and initiate improvements.
- Assist, advise and guide both regional and local management re IT information systems deployment.
- Provide all entities in the region with an up-to-par IT service portfolio:
An IT infrastructure according to and aligned with the Caldic application service architecture.
- Oversee and manage all IT operational and support processes (including but not limited to project management and development) for quality, effectiveness, delivery reliability and cost-efficiency.
- Utilize and benefit from IT information systems.
- Accommodate user demands for local deployment.
- Lead and manage projects/initiatives in the region in alignment with global IT and other Regional IT functions.
- Support M&A activities in EU regions contribute to due diligence, carve-in and integrate local systems.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's (or University) degree from an accredited university or college in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position as IT Manager within an international and matrix organization.
- Strong people manager that is able to coach, motivate and develop teams
Proven skills in managing and orchestrating an IT service and support environment.
- Knowledge of and or demonstrated experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP and Office suite of applications.
- Experienced in developing and implementing applications and infrastructure systems in a (similar) commercial focused environment.
- Experience with managing 3rd parties and setting-up services in close collaboration with suppliers.
- Experience in analyzing and assessing (existing) business and IT processes and tools, and draft business and/or use cases to assist, recommend and guide stakeholders for improvements.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Knowledge of primary business processes eg order to sales, procure to pay and equivalent processes in a commercial and (preferably) international environment.
- Ability to work with different stakeholders to discuss opportunities as well as to assess potential risks in an international environment.
- Excellent in the English - verbally and written. Extra other EU language is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel (on a regular basis and when possible again).
A great opportunity for a professional interested in a career within an international and entrepreneurial organization. Your workplace is located in a beautiful building in the Shipping quarter (Scheepvaartkwartier) in Rotterdam. A position with a lot of freedom and responsibility, with room for your initiatives. We offer you a complete compensation and benefits package and a pleasant working environment in an expanding, dynamic company and within an enthusiastic team.