New Product Developer
the Netherlands, UtrechtFull time
At Caldic we never stand still, but we are continually developing our capabilities. We strive to become better every day, with the goal to build long-term relationships. To add significant value to our team, we are currently looking for a New Product Developer. A role in which you can make a difference and collaborate to deliver outcomes that add real value for both customers and partners.
Caldic Ingredients Benelux has a new production site/warehouse in Nieuwegein, with offices for management and supporting departments. A good workplace where you can excel together with an involved team of colleagues.
In your role you will report to the Technical Director.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Responsible for formulating new products and reformulating existing products in accordance with trends
- Aware of the ruling Food Law and legislative requirements
- Coordinating and prioritizing complete projects and ensure that they stay within the timing and budget
- Developing new products, testing ingredients and benchmark competitors to meet the innovative requirements of existing and potential customers
- Reviewing existing product formulations and identifying opportunities for product improvement to better serve the market, or to create purchasing, operational or other efficiencies.
- Executing and/or guiding the process from development to full scale manufacturing
- Working closely together with the Sales, NPD colleagues, production and external suppliers/customers
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Food Technology or a similar educational background
- Several years of hands-on product development experience in the food (ingredients) industry
- Pro-active attitude and comfortable working in a dynamic organization with changing demands and circumstances
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch, both verbal and written
- Ability to transform ideas and briefings from sales or customers into instant solutions that take into account production circumstances/issues
- Eager to learn about new market developments and developments and opportunities at customers and willing to invest in those topics
- Personal skills: creative, being able to think out of the box, analytic, flexible, initiator, team player, self-starting and customer oriented.
- Willing to evolve in a challenging environment and matrix organization.
At Caldic we value our team spirit, built on strong relationships and open communication. You will be part of a community where you can always get support from experienced colleagues. At the same time we encourage an entrepreneurial mindset: you have the freedom to act and take initiative to bring your ideas to life. At Caldic we want to give everybody the opportunity to make a difference. You can count on the support of management and other departments to make your ideas come true.
We strongly support personal and career development.
At Caldic you learn, grow and contribute to your own success and that of our company and our customers.
You will have 24 holidays per year, a company’s pension scheme with a personal contribution of 1/3, a decent salary based on experience, a bonus depending on performance and result and opportunities to develop yourself.
Are you the New Product Developer we are looking for?