Customer Development Manager (Bakery) - Mid West/North East
Position function: Reporting to the Commercial Director, the individual will be responsible for leading all aspects of the Sales process for key accounts in the Bakery segment across the United States.
Scope: The sales representative is responsible for promoting the company’s products as a sales professional to all assigned existing and prospective accounts. The person will develop and maintain productive working relationships with customers and regional sales reps that allow sales and marketing goals to be achieved, with a focus on functional Bakery ingredients. The individual will conduct sales calls to seek the placement of strategic products in high volume areas & ensure customers are satisfied with products and services. The individual will make recommendations to management regarding product development, pricing, and sales projections.
MAJOR TASKS AND DUTIES:
Assume responsibility for the effective performance of Sales and Marketing functions.
- Develop a strategy and sales approach to align with the company’s strategy, products and capabilities with potential customers within the Industry
- Create and deliver sales presentations to prospective customers – aligning the company’s offerings to their needs with both manufactured and distributed product offerings
- Prospect for new accounts utilizing media, networking, and cold calls to grow the existing business.
- Attend training, when required and available
- Meet and exceed established quotas and sales goals
- Ensure that sales accounts are serviced in accordance with company standards and policies
- Forecast long range account sales (sales, volume, margin) and product needs, and communicate related information regularly to management
- Work with procurement & commercial director to calculate product costs and set pricing for products
- Provide technical support to customers using the various tools and resources provided
Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining good business relations with customers and external trade contacts
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with products and services
- Obtain customer feedback and continually work to improve products and services
- Complete and resolve customer requests, complaints, and inquiries
- Promote products and services at trade shows and organize display material
Assume responsibility for maintaining effective working relations, communication, and coordination with Company personnel and with management
- Set sales goals in accordance with Company objectives and track progress towards set goals
- Provide assistance to support personnel as needed
- Keep management informed of area activities, changes in competitive conditions, and significant issues
- Complete required reports and records accurately and promptly
- Spend required time in company offices in order to gain product knowledge and build relationships within the company
- Attend meetings as required
- College degree in Business, Food Science or equivalency
- Must have dedicated Bakery ingredient industry experience
- 5-12 years of ingredient sales experience required with a preference for functional and technical ingredients preferred
- Outstanding follow-up skills, including: samples, quotes, technical data packages, presentations, etc.
- Ability to ask great questions to identify needs of our customers and link them to value added, innovative solutions
- Strong communication skills, both external and internal
- Understanding of Company product positioning and competitive conditions
- Sales and marketing proficiency
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills
- A strong track record of success (profitable sales growth)
- Good leadership skills
- Well organized with strong time management abilities
- Takes the initiative, can work with little supervision
- Good computer skills in windows environment (power point, excel, word, outlook, etc.) including the ability to present and engage virtually
- High Growth mindset- both in personal and business
Competitive Compensation Package including Paid time off, benefits, car allowance, and IRA contribution program.