United Kingdom, ChesterfieldFull time
As QHSE Manager, you will have overall accountability for the Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures. Your role will include leadership of the QHSE department, inspection and audit of workplace environments, equipment, safe working practices and standard operating procedures, in order to ensure compliance with legislation. You will keep the local management team appraised of changes in legislation, which will require investment, new working practices, etc. You are responsible for ensuring that improvements and action items arising from any audits are duly completed within the given timeframe. The candidate must show strong leadership and management skills and excellent inter-personal skills, as you will need to engage with colleagues at all levels, as well as regulatory bodies. You must have an entrepreneurial and “can do” approach to business with good communication and presentation skills.
A key aspect of the role is to ensure all Caldic UK sites comply with relevant legislation and comply with all the requirements and regulations of the relevant Competent Authorities (HSE, EA, etc.)
You are required to have accurate reporting skills with attention to detail. You are entrepreneurial and focused on delivering results, and you have strong analytical and communication skills. In addition, you will need to have:
- In-depth knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems, Environmental Regulations, Emergency Management Procedures, Incident Investigation, etc.
- Management of sub-contractors (including safety audits)
- The ability to review, update, implement and audit the company’s QHSE Policies and Procedures.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Experience of managing a CoMAH site in the Chemical Industry is essential.
- Thorough understanding of CoMAH Regulations 2015.
- Ideally, experience of ATEX / DSEAR regulations.
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- IOSH membership desirable but not essential.
- Sufficient knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 & BRC to manage the application of the standard.
- Dealing with the regulatory authorities and developing successful working relationships.
- Experience of training and drills related to Safety Awareness for all employees (eg: fire drills & site evacuations, review and communication of Emergency Plan, etc.); training matrix and record-keeping.
- Experience with Quality Management. Systems (internal procedures, internal audit, customer satisfaction, etc.) and promote company-wide use of the non-conformance (NCM) system (including corrective actions and review).
You will report to the Managing Director.
A challenging position within a dynamic international organisation. Our culture is characterised as enterprising and collaborative. In addition to a good salary and a company pension scheme, we offer a pleasant working environment in an enthusiastic team.