Business Intelligence Specialist
the Netherlands, RotterdamFull time
We are looking for an ambitious BI Specialist! Caldic is a specialty distributor providing innovative solutions for our customer’s success. The BI competence team that is part of Group IT is regarded as the Caldic data distributor to provide innovative solutions to internal Caldic stakeholders to drive their business efficient and effective.
As BI Specialist you enable stakeholders to measure their performance and provide them with clear dashboards and reports. In addition you provide preprocessed data to assist them in analyzing and predicting business performance themselves. An important part of the role is to ask the right questions and challenge and educate business owners to have and adhere to a data driven approach. Furthermore you will provide guidance in Caldic’s strategic objective to enable digital business.
In this role you lead and/or assist with data integration as well as data provisioning related projects when necessary. You implement technologies and tools when needed to help us creating a data driven business that will enable our growth.
The BI Specialist is part of the BI competence team and will report to the Business Intelligence Manager. You will be his representative during his absence. You will act as the BI teams linking pin with the internal Caldic stakeholders, both business and IT related.
Reporting, Data management and Analyses
- Designing and empowering the master data management process.
- Managing and designing the environment for reporting and data analytics, including data sources, security, and metadata and align with IT colleagues data and related processes.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new or further development of current systems.
- Participating in projects.
- Developing dashboards, analysis environments or platforms and implement related tooling.
- Evaluating changes, upgrades and updates to production environments.
- Align with business stakeholders reporting, management information and related requirements.
- Support and advise the Manager BI.
- Contribute to annual IT business plans and initiatives described herein.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining and data cleansing and data analytics
Support / training
- Training and providing support to key users and other stakeholders on new functionalities, reports, dashboards and other capabilities when they become available for them.
We are looking for a BI Specialist who is eager and able to effectively work with stakeholders to discuss opportunities as well as to assess potential risks. It is no problem for you to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms. You are able to analyze and deploy existing tools and (open) data sources (preferably experiences with SQL databases) and are enthusiastic about providing software solution recommendations. You are passionate about your work and are driven to work on continues improvement.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and or demonstrated experience as a BI Specialist, data analyst or data scientist in a commercial and (preferably) international environment.
- Experience with projects implementations and 3rd party services provisioning related to BI, AI and DWH
- Hands on experience with modern tools, techniques and methodologies related to BI, AI and DWH
- Proficient in Dutch and English: both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel
- Certificate of Conduct
A great opportunity for a professional interested in a career within an entrepreneurial and professional organization that offers long-term career opportunities. It’s a job that will offer you responsibility and a number of challenges. A challenging position within a dynamic international organization.