Business Development Director Europe (Industrial)
the Netherlands, RotterdamFull time
In this new role as Business Development Director (Industrial) for Europe at Caldic you are responsible for the elaboration and implementation of strategic growth plans for the Industrial market. This includes segments like Coatings, Adhesive, Sealants, Construction, Rubber, Plastics, Home Care, Chemical Industries etc.
You are expected to provide market feedback to the company leadership team regarding competitive offerings, prospects’ needs and product development ideas. In addition, you support and motivate the European sales team to work with a market/customer focused approach and corresponding range of products, suppliers and value-added services.
As Business Development Director you actively develop the product, supplier and service portfolio across Europe.
- Track new markets and emerging trends and recommend new products and services
- Identify sales opportunities as a result of market changes
- Evaluate new opportunities to ensure resources focus on the best opportunities
- Write and implement strategic plans to achieve long term growth
- Propose and develop new strategic partnerships
- Act as a key contact for large corporate accounts
- Develop and manage relationships with potential customers, suppliers, influencers and key stakeholders
- Implement new business initiatives around the sales team
- Work with the marketing team to develop marketing materials and tools to support new business teams
- Regularly organize and lead team meetings
- Exchange knowledge, experience and share success stories and good practices across our entities in Europe to increase internal expertise
- Continually develop the Caldic brand and increase brand awareness in the market place
You combine natural leadership with a strong sense of ownership. You know how to motivate the sales and business development teams and with your ambition and target focus you strive for success. Your way of working is organized and structured. In addition, you:
- Have a university degree
- Have 10 years of relevant experience
- Are fluent in English, both spoken and written
- You have excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Have a deep understanding of the “market segment”
- Are experienced in working with senior management to align strategies and solutions
- Are experienced in a senior business development role
- Have a proven track record of managing sales teams
- Have experience in key account management
A great opportunity for a professional interested in a career within an entrepreneurial and professional organization that offers long-term career opportunities. It’s a job that will offer you a lot of freedom, but also a large responsibility and a number of challenges. A challenging position within a dynamic international organization.