Business Development Director Europe (Health & Personal Care)
the Netherlands, RotterdamFull time
Caldic has a new opportunity for a Business Development Director (Health & Personal Care) in Europe. In this role you are responsible for the elaboration and implementation of strategic growth plans for the Health & Personal Care market. In addition you provide market feedback to the company leadership team regarding competitive offerings, prospects’ needs and product development ideas.
You support and motivate the European sales team to work with a market/customer focused approach and corresponding range of products, suppliers and value-added services. As Business Development Director you are expected to actively develop the product, supplier and service portfolio across Europe.
The Business Development Director (Health & Personal Care) is part of the Business Development Team Europe.
- Track new markets and emerging trends and recommend new products and services
- Identify sales opportunities as a result of market changes
- Evaluate new opportunities to ensure resources focus on the best opportunities
- Write and implement strategic plans to achieve long term growth
- Propose and develop new strategic partnerships
- Act as a key contact for large corporate accounts
- Develop and manage relationships with potential customers, suppliers, influencers and key stakeholders
- Implement new business initiatives around the sales team
- Work with the marketing team to develop marketing materials and tools to support new business teams
- Regularly organize and lead team meetings
- Exchange knowledge, experience and share success stories and good practices across our entities in Europe to increase internal expertise
- Continually develop the Caldic brand and increase brand awareness in the market place
With your natural leadership you motivate the sales and business development teams. You are ambitious, have a strong sense of ownership and target focus with a drive to succeed. Your way of working is organized and structured and you have excellent negotiation and communication skills.
In addition, you:
- Have a university degree
- Have 10 years of relevant experience
- Are fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Have a deep understanding of the “market segment”
- Are experienced in working with senior management to align strategies and solutions
- Are experienced in a senior business development role
- Have a proven track record of managing sales teams
- Have experience in key account management
A great opportunity for a professional interested in a career within an entrepreneurial and professional organization that offers long-term career opportunities. It’s a job that will offer you a lot of freedom, but also a large responsibility and a number of challenges. A challenging position within a dynamic international organization.