Business Development Manager - Food Ingredients
United Kingdom, ChesterfieldFull time
The BDM / Account Manager will be responsible for the acquisition of new customers and development of the business with existing accounts. The jobholder will manage all aspects of the business with those accounts, whilst seeking to broaden the basket of products sold to those customers. A key aspect of the role will be to identify opportunities and manage new business development projects by offering solutions and providing technical support, based on knowledge of the product portfolio. The product range is focused on functional ingredients (including fibres, proteins and hydrocolloids) to be sold to food manufacturers across a number of market sectors. The role is homebased with occasional visits to the office as and when required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Build and maintain strong, long lasting customer relationships.
- Perform active sales activities in the assigned accounts, including negotiations on price, delivery and contracts.
- Identify and grow opportunities within market segments and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
- Gain and analyse complete market insight, indicators and trends of the assigned market segment and its potential customers.
- Pipeline planning with projects, sales targets, visit targets, potential margins, values and volumes.
- Manage and control aftersales activities.
- The role requires exceptional interpersonal qualities. You should be able to relate to customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels.
It is essential that you are organised, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial. You are required to be results-oriented, and have strong commercial and communication skills. You will need to have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in field sales, selling functional food ingredients to food manufacturers (b2b).
- The willingness to travel nationally.
- Experience in the food ingredients distribution sector would be advantageous.
A challenging position within a dynamic international organisation. Our culture is enterprising and straightforward. In addition to a good salary and a company pension scheme, we offer a pleasant working environment in an enthusiastic team.