Customer Service Representative
United Kingdom, AdlingtonFull time
As a Customer Service Representative you will be responsible for both the administration and care of existing customer accounts. Your role will include processing sales orders and purchase orders, ensuring stock levels are maintained and managing timely deliveries. You will build rapport and maintain close contact with customers and suppliers, thus creating valued business relationships. You will advise customers on pricing and delivery lead times and handle queries and enquiries promptly and professionally, thus supporting the development of the business.
The candidate that we are looking for is commercially aware, customer orientated, very well organized, and should have an entrepreneurial and “can do” approach to business. The role requires exceptional interpersonal qualities. You should be able to relate to customers and colleagues at all levels.
In addition, the candidate will be highly IT literate and be able to adapt readily to the ERP system.
You will report to the Division Manager
Your personality can be described as hard-working, enterprising, enthusiastic and energetic. You will need to have a strong commercial understanding and an outgoing persona, as well as great attention to detail. You are solution- and results-oriented, and you have strong analytical and communication skills. You will be recognised and appreciated as a reliable partner for customers, suppliers and colleagues. In addition, you will need to have:
- Relevant sales order / purchase order processing experience in a business-to-business environment
- Previous sales office / commercial experience
- A good knowledge of working in an ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX would be beneficial, but not essential)
- Experience of chemical distribution would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial acumen
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail, coupled with a determination to get things right first time
- IT literacy (including Microsoft Office)
- An entrepreneurial attitude to solving problems and overcoming hurdles
A challenging position within a dynamic international organisation which is focused on organic growth and providing an excellent customer experience. Our service-oriented culture is both enterprising and straightforward. In addition to a good salary and a company pension scheme, we offer a very pleasant working environment in an enthusiastic team