Business Development Director Performance Chemicals
the Netherlands,Full time
As Business Development Director Performance Chemicals you elaborate, implement and conduct strategic growth plans for the Performance Chemicals market. You provide market feedback to the company leadership team regarding competitive offerings, prospects’ needs and product development ideas.
You support and motivate the European sales team to work with a market / customer-focused approach and a corresponding range of products, suppliers and value-added services.
You actively develop the product, supplier and service portfolio across Europe.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Track new markets and emerging trends and recommend new products and services
- Identify sales opportunities as a result of market changes
- Propose and develop new strategic partnerships
- Write and implement strategic plans to achieve long term growth.
- Develop and manage relationships with potential customers, suppliers, influencers and key stakeholders
- Act as a key contact for large corporate accounts
- Evaluate new opportunities to ensure resources focus on the best opportunities
- Implement new business initiatives around the sales team
- Continually develop the Caldic brand and increase brand awareness in the market place
- Work with the marketing team to develop marketing materials and tools to support new business teams
- Regularly organize and lead “Performance Chemicals” team meetings
- Exchange knowledge, experience and share success stories and good practices across our entities in Europe to increase internal expertise.
You are part of the Business Development team Europe and reports to the Business Development Director Europe.
You are an ambitious and natural leader and motivator of sales and business development teams. You have a strong sense of ownership and target focus with a drive to succeed. Your working method is organized and structured. You combine your analytical skills with agility and a pragmatic approach. Excellent negotiation and communication skills are essential.
In addition, you have:
- Deep understanding of the Performance Chemicals market
- Experience in working with senior management to align strategies and solutions
- Experience in a senior business development role
- Proven track record of managing sales teams
- Experience with key account management
- University degree
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
Besides a good package of benefits we offer you an interesting, international position with great development possibilities where you will be part of our well-established company which develops rapidly. There will be much travel activity in this position to visit Caldic entities, headquarter in Rotterdam, customers and suppliers through Europe.