Business Team Manager - Sweet & Dairy
Position function: Reporting to the President for Caldic North America, the individual will be responsible to lead all aspects of the Sweet & Dairy Business Team for Caldic Canada Inc.
Scope: This position will have accountability for driving the Sweet & Dairy Business Team sales strategy for Caldic across all regions served. They will need to remain current on market trends, potential product innovations and company objectives to ensure that the needs of the customer base are met. The individual will also be required to have an understanding of R&D and production capabilities. The individual will manage the Sweet & Dairy Sales and R&D Teams and will need to work closely with all areas of the business to ensure their mandate is executed.
MAJOR TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Manage and integrate a team of Customer Development Managers and R&D resources to drive growth for the Business Team
- Create and sustain a sales environment that delivers growth enthusiastically.
- Lead a team to be Customer-centric and results driven; must continuously coach business team to strive for and obtain results
- Support the account planning process including the customer needs analysis and pipeline conversion portions
- Monitor CDM’s building and maintaining of strong customer relationships and effective strategies
- Involvement in project generation and marketing of the Business Team projects /presentations
- Gain market insight, translating relevant trends into objectives and generating actionable strategic business plans.
- Establish a strong presence of Caldic in the market place through product and brand positioning, solid customer integration and targeted application support.
- Ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining strict cost controls
- This role will have full P&L accountability for the Business Team.
- Must negotiate to maintain current business and attain new business; includes applying pricing strategy and the approval of quote requests as required
- Accountable for margin targets mainly as well volume targets, budgets and forecasts relating to the Business Team
- Active member of the overall Caldic North America Leadership Team
- Provide the necessary resources to implement, support, and enforce the health and safety policies and programs within the company by working in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, safe work practices and procedures established by Caldic.
- University. B.Sc. or B. Comm. – Food Science or equivalent is a strong asset
- 5-7 years sales experience, preferred
- Good knowledge of Company products and services
- Understanding of product positioning and competitive conditions
- Objectively work through decision making process
- Prior work experience in the food industry is a strong asset
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills
- Excellent sales abilities - demonstrated a strong sales record (profitable sales growth)
- Previous leadership experience considered an asset
- Well organized, strong time management, problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to work with a team to obtain company objectives
- Strong computer skills in windows environment (excel, word, database manager etc.)
Competitive Compensation package offered including benefits, RRSP matching contributions and other incentives.
Caldic Canada Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon: Age, Citizenship, Colour, Family Status, Gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), Gender Identity or Expression, Marriage and Civil Partnerships, Physical and/ or Mental Disabilities, Political Belief, Race, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Accommodations are available upon request for any candidate and/ or employee.